The Jeff Sein Kwan Yang Memorial Scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors who meet the following requirements:
1) Graduating high school seniors residing in or attending school in the San Gabriel Valley area;
2) An immigrant or child of an immigrant; AND
3) Committed to serving the immigrant community in some aspect.
It is open to students of all ethnic backgrounds. Students from low-income or working-class families are especially encouraged to apply.
The recipient (s) will receive one thousand dollars ($1,000) for tuition and educational fees. The awardee will be notified within two weeks of the application deadline.
For answers to common questions regarding the scholarship fund, please read our FAQ.
1) Download the application:
2) Fill out the application and attach
A) A Resume that highlights your work and volunteer experience;
B) A copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable);
C) A printout of your Student Aid Report (SAR), which is sent to you after you have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
D) An Essay that is no more than 1000 words explaining how you will give back to the immigrant community after your studies. You may include information such as exceptional hardships, personal responsibilities, educational goals, and objectives.
E) Submit all documents mentioned above in a single PDF file.
3) Email the application by June 30, 2023
(Please see application documents for more detail).